Saturday, February 6, 2010

Big Things

I'm a little hesitant about writing this only because I don't want to jinx anything that I'm working on.

But since I have so many wonderful readers who are curious about what I do, I'll go a head and spill the beans because it makes my show business journey all the less lonelier.

So, without further adieu, here's what I got on the front burners.

1) I applied to America's Got Talent and the casting people replied. They said they're going to put me on a DVD with some other acts and show it to their executive producers, so if they like me, they said they'll give me a call by May. That's be awesome if this one pans out. I know I'd have to be super clean for that show and fortunately for me I've got tons of material ready to burn.

2) I also put in for the Yuk Yuk's Comedy Competition in Toronto, Canada. The catagory I submitted for was, "American Professional" . We'll see if I get picked to compete for that. This isn't an ordinary comedy competition, the grand prize winner gets 25,000$ and the top 8 comedians get showcased on the Comedy Network, which is like Comedy Central but for Canadians. And to be honest, it'd be nice if I won but for now i'm only shooting for top 8! Tony was telling me that Canada is filled with Southeast Asians and I wouldn't be able to use the word Indian, you know, because there's a lot of East Indians up there. I guess that's why Russell Peters is so big in Canada.

3) Last Comic Standing is starting up again and the L.A. audition is next month at the Hollywood Improv. I tried contacting a friend on the inside and I haven't heard back from them, I've been trying to get a pre-booked audition instead of waiting outside in the cold for 2 days. Of the 3 television credits I'm gunning for, this one I really couldn't give a shit about. I've been burned by these guys before and I know better not to get my hopes up too high. But since this a tv show showcasing my profession, it's just something I have to do.

4) I'll be headed down to L.A. in couple weeks to feature for Tina Kim at the Jon Lovitz Comedy Club in Universal City. I'm kind've excited about this one because I have two big Native crowds coming out on both nights. I'm soooooo excited they'll be coming out to support, just thinking about it fills my heart with joy.

5) In April, we're planning a family trip to Albuquerque, New Mexico., for the Gathering of Nations Powwow. This trip is for my brother, we're going this year only because he wants to go. I was chatting with a friend on facebook and he suggested that I perfrom on Stage 49 while in town. Stage 49 is a side venue of the Powwow that features rappers, singers, comedians, and everyone else in the arts. So this weekend I dug up one of my old tapes and I'm going to send it it. Can't hurt.

6) Right now I have 7 colleges that I'm trying to work out doing shows for. I love college shows, the kids are always so nice.

Alright ya'll, it's getting late and I have to work the next 5 days. Right now I'm jamming out Nina Simone. I luvvs here. She sings about depression, sadness, joy, happiness, and what I luvvs about Nina, she doens't sugarcoat her feelings, or trys to over-analyze her emotions, she just sings from the heart!
And so, the essence of my comedy is revealed. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment