Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Letter To Dan Savage

Okay so one of my favorite newspaper columns is, "Savage Love" , by Dan Savage. Forget Dear Abbey and her bullshit. Dan is prints a sex advice column that is filled with juice, dirt, and sex from all walks of life. I've been trying to get him to publish one of my submissions for a while and I think I might have finally cracked his code. Below is a recent submission of mine, it's very me, real, truthful, sincere, and most of all, authentic. Enjoy. Otherwise, you can catch Dan column's here: http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/SavageLove?oid=3537955
--------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Dan,
I recently had an ephinany. I think I'm holding onto a lost dream or a lost cause. I'm a 35 year old gay male whose lately been averaging having sex with other men maybe once a year if I'm lucky. Why? I use to be a complete bathhouse, video arcade, parking lot, truck stop hoppin sex driven All American slut until I realized that wasn't my lifestyle anymore. This isn't a politcal stance, I'm not personally protesting my dating life until gay marriage is a federal law or anything, I mean hello, I'm not Jesus. I just wanted to prove to myself that gay men don't need to lead that old slutty lifestyle to feel furfilled. No pun intended because I was furfilled and filled many times for that matter. And yes I always played safe because I've had a clean bill of health since 1992. Anyways, I feel like I'm alone on this neo bohemic homosexual journey. Is it me or will it take gay men decades to stop being hard wired about sex and start listening to their hearts? I ready to dump this new mantra and go back to old gay status quo.

Sincerely,
Dry on the Inside and Outside
Charlie Ballard

No comments:

Post a Comment