Thursday, May 27, 2010

Eat Your Heart Out Bitches!


Mmmmm.. I just made this tonight, I didn't use all the cheeses like Paula Dean said below so I stuck with chedder cheese only and you can use heavy milk cream instead of sour cream if you want to, so go for it, this one is really easy to make!

Initially, I meant to make my old friend Leandra Galindo Mac & Cheese back in the Summer of 2003 but that didn't turn out so great. Back then I just boiled the Macaroni and put in a block of Velvetta cheese in the pan. Needless to say I must've been watching the cartoon cooking channel because the cheese never melted and ended up sticking to the bottom of the pan.

So here I am 7 years later to say,"eat your heart out bitches, my Mac & Cheese is the bomb" ! I finally went online and looked up how to make Mac & Cheese Paula Dean style. And it turned out good, thanks Paula! So I have one thing to say to Leandra and the rest of the world - You Better Work!

xoxo

-------------------------------------------------------
The Ultimate Lady's Cheesy Mac & Cheese

Ingredients
2 cups dried elbow macaroni (4 cups cooked)
1/3 cup grated Cheddar
1/3 cup grated Swiss
1/3 cup grated Jack
1/3 cup grated colby
1/3 cup grated Muenster
1/3 cup grated Gouda
1/2 cup sour cream
4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
6 eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup milk
Nonstick spray
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large pot, bring water to boil. Season water with salt and cook macaroni until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain pasta and place in a large bowl and while pasta is still hot add all the cheese. In a separate medium bowl, using a whisk, combine the sour cream, butter, eggs, salt, pepper, and milk and add to the macaroni mixture. Spray casserole dish with nonstick and pour macaroni mixture into the dish. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Top with additional cheese, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment