Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My Journey

I was flipping threw my old comedy journals tonight, looking for old material for this weeks DVD taping, and so far, I could tell it's been quite a journey.

Just going threw my notes, it brought back so many memories. By the 2nd and 3rd year, I could definitely see an improvement in my writing. I could also see my persistence for writing on topics that were getting me nowhere. There was lots of American Indian issues that I wanted to speak on but I kept hitting the wall, so I had to let those issues go and comeback to them at a later time. And to this day, there's still some of those issues where I just can't seem to find the funny, I'm sure I'll crack those ideas into jokes someday!

There were definitely a couple of times in my old journals where I was totally blowing smoke up my own ass. Here's a good example, I started off a journal by saying - "Okay, from now on, I'm going to be clean & clever" , and two pages later I was like, "fuck, piss, shit, dick" .

Too funny. I'm glad I was smart enough to journal my experiences then and even now.

Alright, my first run threw is tomorrow night, I found some old great gems to include! I'm glad I spent the time going threw my old stuff, it's just going to make my tapings all the more special!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment