Thursday, November 4, 2010

New Beginnings





I learned about myself this week. I learned to forgive and move on.

My old friend Lisa Begaye said something back in college that I always kept with me.

She said people are like a wooden fence, you can put a nail in them, take it out but the scar from the nail will always remain.

So that's me people, full of scars.

I don't really come from a background where it's okay to express you're feelings and talk about your issues. I was raised to keep them bottled in and forget like nothing happened.

Lucky for me I have a few friends that I'm very fortunate to listen to my problems. *big shout out to Juicely*

So for me, my personal healing comes from bringing all my issues to light, the good, the bad, and the ugly. I'm not afraid to go there and talk about what's bothering me. This is where I find my sanity, compassion, wisdom, love for myself and others. I know it's hard for some people to face those feelings because they're old, stubborn, or they weren't raised that way. But trust me people, when you can find that inner peace, it really does ease the heavy burdens in our lives.

Love you all!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment