Sunday, December 5, 2010

Cho Dependent


Just got home and had a fabulous day!

Earlier I went to Berkeley to watch the CAL Women's Volleyball team play for a spot in the Sweet Sixteen National Volleyball Tournament and without any disappointment, they advanced in straight sets.

I use to be an avid player and volleyball coach and even though I'm retired from the sport my heart still belongs to the game.

Afterwards I was like, "well now what, oh yeah Margaret Cho is in town, I should go check her out" ! I missed her opener because I missed my BART train and I had to wait another 20 minutes for the next one to SF, so I'm sure you guys could imagine how restless and pissed I was for not catching her show in it's entirety.

When I walked out've the Powell Street BART station, I realized that I didn't have any cash to catch a cab. Okay, that's not true. I actually knew I didn't have any cash when I left Berkeley. So for the whole train ride over to the city, I kept having to pump myself up because I knew I was going to have to walk up the hill to the Nob Hill Masonic Center. Thanks Margaret for having your show on the one of the highest hill peaks in San Francisco. For anyone reading this blog thinking to yourself it's really my fault for not having any cash for a cab and missing my BART train, fuck you.

The walk up Mason Street to the Nob Hill Masonic Center was no joke. By the time I got to the top I was like, "fuck you Margaret Cho, I hate you and every god damned hill in this city.. aaahhhhhh " !!! But honestly, that was probably the best excercise I've had in a while so I really shouldn't be complaining.

For someone buying a ticket at the last minute, I actually got a pretty good seat. Yesterday I was trying to win free tickets threw her twitter page giveaway but to no avail, my ass had to pay. Her SF ticket giveaway winner was this grimicey looking butch dyke. As you guys can see, I'm still not bitter for winning those tickets. And since I felt extra entitled for having to pay, as soon as I sat down inside the theater I was like, "Bitch, you better make laugh or I will cut you" .

This performance had to be one of the best shows I've ever seen Margaret give. Her writing and material for this show was so spot on. It's weird because when I was in Michigan last month, this Native plant lady was saying how we could use Olive Oil to clean out our system and wouldn't you know it, Olive Oil was one of MC's opening bits.

Margaret also managed to sing a couple songs from her Grammy nominated comedy album - Cho Dependent. She sang this one, it's a country ballad called, "I'm Sorry" , and it's about a former love who turned out to be a murderer. It's actually a very dark and gruesome song and when she was singing it I was like, "oh look at her, she think she Loretta Lynn" !



I loved everything about Margaret's comedy concert tonight. My favorite part of the show was when it was over because if anyone's ever been to a Margaret Cho concert, they will tell you there's some heavy gay cruising right after the show and that's mostly because Margaret draws a heavy gay male crowd. Seriously, I kept thinking to myself, "hurry up girl, get the fuck off the stage, you're cutting into my dick time" , just kidding.

xoxo

for more info and her current tour schedule:
www.margaretcho.com

No comments:

Post a Comment