Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas Child

As my friend Juicely would say... "Merry Christmas Child" !!!

This is that time of the year where I have to express how grateful I am for everything in my life. I am so appreciative of my family, friends, good health, roof over my head, food on the table, and my job, being a comedian.

At one time or another I know I've taken these things for granted and I apologize.

On some days I think I know what's best for me and other days, that's when I get my teeth yanked out for not taking care of myself.

My decision making process has gotten better over the years, not a whole lot but some.

When I look at my brief lapses in judgement, I look at them in two ways, being naive and having hope.

I have so much hope for the world sometimes it's viewed as being naive. I can't help it, I guess in some ways being naive also makes me an idealist. I just googled the word idealist and here's what it said:

1. One whose conduct is influenced by ideals that often conflict with practical considerations.
2. One who is unrealistic and impractical; a visionary.
3. An artist or writer whose work is imbued with idealism.
4. An adherent of any system of philosophical idealism.


Yep, that's me sometimes, not practical.

I never really thought of myself as a visionary but that was one of my cartoons from the 80's.

The last time I checked, Mother Theresa, Martin Luther King Jr, Ghandi, The Daili Lama, and even Barack Obama also campaigned on the platform of hope and look how far they got.

When my first stand up comedy DVD - Charlie Ballard Live comes out next year, this is one the first major themes that will keep popping up in my work.

I know I'm old enough to know better but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop doing what I believe in.

with heart, compassion, and love,

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment