Saturday, December 4, 2010

Play that Funky Music

And oh yes, it was funky.

Tonight after watching comedian Ricky Luna do his thang at the IL Pirata, he convinced us to tag a long with him to a house party which unexpectedly wasn't a house part at all, it turned out to be the Theater Rhino in the Mission District. It was Gay Hipster Disco night at the Rhino! I cannot ever remember having such a good time.

I guess whoever rented out that space turned it into a mini disco in the basement, it was so cute. Usually people hold plays, one man shows, and musicals at the Rhino.

We almost got some straight boys to tag along with us but as soon as I said, "when we get there if anyone trys to grab your cock, just say you're not interested" , I was only bullshitting but you guys all know how straight boys get when they're objectified. I was kind've glad they didn't go, they probably would've brought everyone down with their plain-dom. Seriously, the crowd was super chic and trendy. Thank god I wore my neck scarf tonight otherwise I would've totally felt out've place.

So anyhoo, I really loved the Gay dance club, everybody who was there was either gay or gay affiliated - boy trannies, girl trannies, hags, dykes, fems, little gay mexican boys *Ricky Luna and company* and the list goes on.

The music was delish, they played Hip Hop, House, Trance, Techno Funk, and some funky bizaare shit I've never heard of. It was cool though because everybody in the house was definitely vibing!

The one thing that I really liked about the club, they gave us membership cards to their next dance party. Isn't that just the cutest? I'm totally saving mine for keepsakes of course. Oh gawd, the last time I had a membership card was at the Parkway Theater in Oakland when we use to live near the Lake.

I had a great time tonight! I haven't danced like that in a long time!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment