Monday, August 22, 2011

Project Runway Season 9 Episode 4

Okay fashionista's, here's a quick recap from this past week's episode of Project Runway Season 9 Episode 4.

The challenge this for this past week was to create a day to evening look for PR's judge panelist Nina Garcia.

First the winner, Kimberly Goldson. If this chica didn't get my attention the first 3 episodes, she sure did now. Her piece for Nina's day to evening look was crazy fabulous. I really liked the A-Symmetrical look in the front of the blouse, it's very European chic.



Okay next up is the 2nd place is former Miss Trinidad - Anya Ayoung Chee
I'm pretty sure everyone watching the show is pulling for Anya, not only because she's a former Miss Trinidad National but because the girl's obviously got skills. Originally she choose a honey mustard color fabric for her jumpsuit but when Nina saw the color she just about gasped. So Anya went back and colored her fabric at another designers suggestion. Now, the only problem with Anya is that her sewing skills aren't up to par with the other designers so it's going to be a matter of time before it starts to show. Hopefully not too soon, I really enjoy seeing what she comes up with! Anya is in top 3 to make it to Bryant Park for the season finale, she's a long shot but she still has a good shot. Go Anya!



My last pick top 3 pick is Bert Keeter. When it was announced that he trained under legendary designer Halsted, that was it, I just know he's going to make it to the end of the show. With this week's challenge, he really didn't put himself in the running with his plunging neck line little black dress but nonetheless, that silhouette is a classic which is why he got passed threw. I'm betting Bert is waiting for the right moment to blow the judges away.



This guy isn't one of my favorites but his dress is definitely note worthy, it's from designer Victor Luna. The only thing I didn't like about his dress is that it's very Kim Kardashian-ish. I know I saw KK wearing this dress recently at a red carpet event and he totally loses points with me for being unoriginal. I know all the designers on PR aren't entirely original because I've seen some the same outfits on "Friends" or other popular tv shows. But I will give Victor this, it is a nice dress.



See you guys next time!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment