Saturday, October 29, 2011

Project Runway Season 9 Winner - Anya Ayoung Chee



Wow, first, congrats to Season 9 winner Anya Ayoung Chee, she parlayed everyone to be the last designer standing.

I hate to sound cliche, but I told you so. Anya was one of my picks early on and if none of you believe me, then you can check any of my previous blogs on Season 9 to see where I stood.

I really did miss seeing Bert Keeter in the finale, I saw his final collection online and was amazed by what he put together but oh well.

There were some great tv moments from tonight's finale like when it came down to the last 2 designers and after all the trash talking Josh said about Anya, it was a classic moment to see the expression on Josh's face when he was declared the runner up contestant.

This also goes back to earlier in the season when Anya won the big 25,000$ challenge and again, Josh came in second to her, to console him in coming 2nd to her, she said, "well, there's still the 100,000$ grand prize" . hahahahhahahahahahahahahahah !!

I don't think Anya meant to be catty but that's how Josh and the rest of Gay America took it.

There was another great tv moment at the end from who else but Josh. His last comment were something like, "Anya did a great job but ..........." . You guys really have to watch the replay to catch that one, maybe having sour grapes should inspire Josh's next collection line.

But yeah, near the end of the finale, the judge's had me, "ooooohhhhhing" , because I knew they were going to pick Anya by their comments and I quote, "I trust Anya" (Nina Garcia) .

And actually, Anya won the Project Runway trifecta this season, she won the 25,000$ challenge, the won the 100,000$ series finale, and plus she won the 10,000$ Project Runway Fan Favorite which she is going to share with PR Season 9 designer Anthony Ryan, so you go girl!

I really liked how Anya gave Heidi Klum props at the end and said, "thank you for believing in me and giving me the confidence to do this" . (paraphrased)

Anya really was this year's underdog, only Anya could have pulled out this win!

Big props to Lifetime to carrying on one of my favorite tv shows!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Yay congrats to Anya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to our girl Anya. You did Tnt proud.

    ReplyDelete