Wednesday, September 12, 2012

F-U-C-K Y-O-U !!!

I have come to the inevitable conclusion that I will never get props from any of my comedy peers, mostly because I'm not White, I'm not straight, I don't drink, I don't do drugs, I don't listen to the same fuckin music as them, and certainly because I'm not a brown noser.

I keep hearing about this new comedy wave that happened in San Francisco from 2000 to 2008 and my name is no where to be mentioned.

I started in 2003 with a lot of these, "new wave" , comedians that broke thru and got tv spots and those comedians are no funnier then I am. The only difference, back then the local comedy clubs, ie the Punchline and Cobb's gave those comedians more stage time, gigs, pats on the back, and for all the reasons above which lead to more opportunities to them.

Where did this leave me? I had to fight for everything I have today, when nobody wrote about me, when I didn't have a manager, when nobody gave a rats ass what I was doing, thats when I took matter into my own hands and put myself out there. I mean c'mon, whose fooling who? And yet I still keep proving my skills to these dipshits time again and again at the open mics in the Bay Area.

And unlike them, I can walk anywhere in the Bay Area comedy scene and elsewhere because I know that I made my own name, not some red headed bitch who thinks she knows comedy because shes been putting a line up together for the past 15 years, bitch please.

Point being, I don't need their validation to feel like I'm a great comic, I know I'm a great comic because I've proved it. You guys may not see me on tv right now but that doesn't mean I'm not as good as my counterparts, it means that I'm better and that my time is coming.

If I'm never mentioned with any of these people, thats fine. I know what I can do, they know what I can do, and all the people who like my comedy know what I can do.

So they and anyone else who thinks I'm shit can kiss my mutha-fuckin ass.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if you would do better in LA or NYC? You're a funny guy Charlie. You deserve a break!

    ~Amy
    (I forgot the password to my Google account.)

    ReplyDelete