Saturday, November 10, 2012

Frybread House

For those of you who don't know know anything about Native food, theres a popular Native themed eatery in the Phoenix area called the Frybread House that has two locations.  There are dozens of Native restaurants all over Arizona, mostly on Highway 40 from Winslow, Arizona., to Gallup, New Mexico.  You can also find some Native inspired dishes sprinkled on several menus through out the Southwest.

But if you're looking for a Native themed establishment with an authentic feel I suggest visiting the Frybread House, what sets them apart from the other Native restaurant dives is that they won the prestigious James Beard Award which is presented to different restaurants who demonstrate excellence and innovation in their food genre. The Frybread House was also featured on the Food Network with the Baron.

I definitely would recommend that if you're the Phoenix area to check out the Frybread house.  I once had a friend from Louisiana and asked if she visited a popular Cajun restaurant located in the Richmond district of San Francisco and she said, "why would I eat there because its the same food as Louisiana, thats like asking you if you would eat frybread there knowing what it already taste like" .

I responded to her, "not all Natives make frybread the same, you would know that if you were a Navajo tasting someones frybread from South Dakota"  .

Amazingly my little response changed her mind and she ended up taking her friends to that Cajun place and had a great time. 

For those of you who have never had frybread, I say go check these people out, I've never been there but I know good frybread when I see it.  Below are some good examples of the food they serve, yum.

Frybread House
4140 North 7th Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85013
(602) 351-2345
 

Frybread House
1916 W Baseline Rd Ste 10
Mesa, AZ 85205
(480) 839-5252


xoxo










No comments:

Post a Comment