Thursday, November 22, 2012

Out of Debt Bitches!

I'm so happy to report that I am finally out of debt since the beginning of this year.

I'm actually in the plus, not by much, but it feels nice not owing anybody money, especially my creditors.

A comedian friend of mine once said it seems like we're all just trying to get to zero, meaning most Americans are seriously in debt and will always be in debt, so if any of us can ever get out of the minus column, then its a personal win.

I do not regret any of my expenditures this year, ie going to Orlando for Gay Days or going to Vegas to see Margaret Cho because those are some of the people and places I really wanted to visit.  I can honestly say whatever force was pulling me to those places, I finally got them out of my system.

When we went to Michigan to pick up my moms truck this Summer, I remember meeting with the Native Bone Reader at the Mt. Pleasant Powwow and she said, "I had money issues" .  I can understand how she read that because when I was shaking the bones out in front of me, I could feel the big silver coin drop to the floor, which I'm pretty sure represented my finances, sure enough thats what it was about.

Amazingly, even after losing my job at the beginning of Summer, I was still able to keep my finances in check.  I told myself I'd probably be clear of this years debt by Christmas and I was right.

Not bad for somebody whose relatively poor and unemployed.

For 2013, I'm going to make a promise myself to be a better piggy bank and not spend on money on shit that I don't need.

I can feel my next money cycle coming and I refuse to handle it the same way I did for 2012.

My hope is to raise a lot money, buy a car, find a nice job, move, and live out the best years of my life in the City of Angels.

Hopefully I'll be skinnier by then too.

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment