Sunday, December 30, 2012

Moving forward ...

Its the 2nd to the last day of the 2012 and my changes are starting, the first one is how I will be conducting myself on facebook.

If anyone thinks Facebook hasn't become a major part of their lives, they're lying.

In the past 5 years of being a celebrity Native American stand up comedian on facebook, I've been an open & closed book, trying to build a positive support network of family, friends, and fans.

In the beginning, my facebook profile was open and anyone could see what I was posting.  My online privacy didn't start to bother until I started receiving messages about my post, it wasn't so much the feedback I was getting back but what disturbed me the most was that I didn't know who was viewing my content.

So in an effort to be more socially responsible, I closed off my profile and if anybody wanted to read my stuff, all they had to do was send me a friendship request and not leave shitty comments on my page.

I told myself a long time ago when I reach a 1000 facebook friends that I would open my page back up to the public and tonight thats what I did.

In doing do, it was really hard for me to delete the 3000 photos, 1500 status updates, 200 pages that I liked, 50 videos and other odd shit I've been collecting on my page for the past 5 years.

If anyone is unhappy with the way I changed my page, they can always, "unlike" , me.

Because my facebook page is now open to the public, I will be keeping it less personal and more business.

The really sad thing about my new business page is that I don't have a feed to all my facebook friends anymore, so now I don't know whats going on with everyone.  And if you ask me, thats great because the less I know, the less stress I have, something of which I've been dealing with a lot lately.

I can't explain to you guys the weight that has been lifted, it was a good change.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment