Sunday, December 9, 2012

My blog really is different.

Tonight I was cruising around some other peoples personal blogs online and after reading them, it felt like I've been missing out on life.

I came across this one blog where this guy wrote about how he proposed to his wife, which was really sweet and left a tear in my eye.

Oh fuck, why hasn't that happen to me yet?

So until that day happens, heres a fake love-letter blog from my future husband on how he would propose to me, enjoy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn that Charlie Ballard is a hard woman to please but I love him so much.  We've been dating for a couple years now and it seems a little ridiculous for me to even ask Charlie for his hand in marriage because it feels like we're already married.

I picked Valentines Day to propose because thats the holiday we had our very first date on.  I'll never forget that night, I was so nervous.  I was in my last year of Law School and kept thinking about my final exams thru out the whole date, but damn if Charlie's smile kept making me forget about everything.  I honestly can't remember what we talked about, oh wait yes I can, Charlie kept antagonizing me about the merits of being a good lawyer and not one of these, "good for nothing corporate lawyers scumbags who don't give a damn about anything except for making money" , you have to admit, Charlie does have a way with words which is why I ended up being a non-profit attorney, pun intended.

I've never known Charlie to wear jewelry but he did mention once how he adored his late Grandmothers gold ban so thats what I gave him.  On the inside its engraved, "I love you no matter what", because thats we've professed to each other, time and time again.

I kept thinking about how could I make this marriage proposal perfect, maybe in a fancy restaurant somewhere off the blue shores of Thailand or maybe in a small chateau in France, but no, I couldn't think of a better place to do it in than in our own home here in Laguna Beach on date night.

I didn't want to chance messing up this special occasion with trying to cook so I ordered out - Italian.  

The weather was perfect and we couldn't of asked for a better sunset.

Right before we toasted and asked each other how our day went, thats when I got down on one knee, popped the question and will always remember that moment as being the best day of my life.

  

I know after reading this blog some of you guys are going to be like, "oh this bitch is kray kray ... " , and you know what, I'm okay with that.

xoxo







No comments:

Post a Comment