Friday, May 24, 2013

Exhausted

Its May 24th and I finally have a break. For the past 30 days I've been filming my first movie, "All The Others Were Practice" , which has been a very grueling and a very rewarding experience.  And can you guys believe I'm playing the lead in the movie, which means I have the most lines and have to be on set everyday. 

I definitely have a new respect for actors. Since we started filming I haven't used my memory skills like this since college. The second day we filmed I only had 4 lines in a group scene which ended up kicking ass because I thought it was going to be easy, looking back on it, it probably was a good thing that happened because it motivated me to step up my game. That same day another actress said we had some heavy scenes coming up and that I needed to go study, so thats what I did, I went straight to Starbucks, sat down with my script and began to activate my old brain pathways.

The rewarding part of filming a movie has been getting to work with professional actors. It was a little intimidating at first to work with professional actors so my main job was to listen, watch, and learn from these guys. Most of these actors are SAG *Screen Actors Guild* , accomplished theater actors or have a MFA in Acting. And whats great, for this being my first acting job I've gotten some great compliments from them like, "you were really easy to work with", or, "I thought you've been doing this for while" .

As we've been filming the movie I'm beginning to understand the movie is less about me and more about our supporting cast.  We have so many great actors with great scenes! We don't start filming again until mid June so I'm looking forward to my mini break and then to finish it out, I can't wait to see how it turns out.

In other news the month of May was great, my Aunt Bev visited for a couple of weeks and it was my 39th Bday this past month too, yay me!

Here are some photos from this past weeks shoot, we went to Guernville for this shooting sequence.

xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment