Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Not again

Who knew my first major road block for 2014 was going to be my health.

I must've picked up the flu bug from my last trip because I've been sick as a dog lately.  I'm sure I picked it up in Vegas while playing the penny slots.  I'm one of those people who likes to jump around from machine to machine, so I'm sure thats what it was.

For the past couple of weeks, I've been hacking & coughing a lot, so finally I went to the ER and they ended giving me an inhaler and aspirin.  And then, a week later because my coughing wouldn't let up, I went back again to the ER and this time they diagnosed me with having pneumonia.

Pneumonia, wtf?

Are you serious?  I've never had pneumonia in my life.

I was a little pissed the ER doctor didn't catch it the first time, you know, like when I was there a week earlier getting treated by the same doctor.   I don't want to say hes incompetent but when he asked me if I had a regular doctor that should have been my red flag.  The reason why thats a red flag is because thats a really ridiculous question to ask someone who doesn't have health insurance.  It took every fiber of my bitchy being not to say, "guess what muthaf*cker, this is the second time I've been seen by you so I guess that makes you my regular doctor" .

I mean really, if I had health insurance does anyone really think I would ever subjugate myself into waiting 11hrs in line at a public hospital just to be seen and thats not including another 5hrs of waiting in line at the pharmacy just to get meds.

A big reason why my wait was so long was because my little cough didn't take precedence over the incoming trauma patients at Oakland General which is understandable.

It sucks being poor.

I know, some of you are probably asking yourselves, "why doesn't he sign up for Obamacare" , well because Obamacare cost money and I'm not currently employed.

Ah yes, the magnificent life of being a struggling artist.

So because I wasn't ready to die, I toughed it out.  I almost said fuck it and went home.  I'm so glad I didn't.

I know this is going to sound cliche but 2014 can only get better from here!

xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment