Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Looking Season 2 Episode 1

I can sum up Season 2 of HBO's, "Looking" , in two words, I approve.

This past week, HBO's new gay drama-dy started with a sizzle!

I can actually say that I'm intrigued and am already looking forward (no pun intended) to next weeks episode.  So far for this season, they brought a bear into the mix and I actually know another ethnic comedian whose going to be in one of the upcoming episodes, so this year we're actually going to see some variety, which truly encompasses our San Francisco community.


The only negative critique I have of this show is that its coming off a little gay cliche.

A couple years ago I filmed a gay independent movie and some scenes from, "Looking" , and our movie have been eerily similar.

Okay hold on muthafucka's, I AM NOT ACCUSING HBO'S, "LOOKING" , OF STEALING ANY IDEAS FROM OUR MOVIE.

I am just merely suggesting that some writers think a like and keep writing about the same shit, especially when it comes to location.

In this first episode of Season 2's, "Looking" , they filmed there opening scenes on Russian River,  parts of my gay movie was filmed on Russia River.

Russian River is great but maybe if they found some other points of interest in the SF Bay Area that aren't well known, those would have been a better choice, that way the show feels fresh.  It gets repetitive to see films and television using the same places in their shows.

My other negative is, and this has nothing to do with the show or its content.

Last Fall, I auditioned for some roles for, "Looking" , Season 2 and failed miserably.  I failed bad because I didn't start memorizing my lines until the night before and it showed in my audition.  For some dumb reason, I was under the impression that I didn't receive my sides when clearly, they were emailed along with my audition call time.   Thats what I get for not checking the attachments that came with that email.

So heres a photo of the Fairie role that I lost out to! (the bitch with wings on the left)

This actor did a great job and totally did a way better job than how I auditioned.  But you know what, I'm still learning this, "acting thing" , so I'll have to chalk this one up as a missed opportunity.

But otherwise, good job to, "Looking" for starting Season 2 with a great bang!

xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment