Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Getting My Groove Back

Tonight I hit an open mic near downtown Oakland because I have a show coming up next week and I need to keep myself ready.

Tonight was a good warm up because I missed a beat riffing on the audience or should I say, dealing with a heckler. 

In the beginning of the show, the host welcomed everyone and announced himself as a descendant from Uganda and of course he had to be the one who heckled me.

So when I first took the mic, I said hello and told everyone I was from East Oakland.

And that's when the host said, "where's east Oakland" ??

What a lame heckle right?  And this is what I should have said back to him:

"You don't know where East Oaklsnd is, Uganda be kidding me ..." !!!

Haha ..  I love it because it's an even lamer comeback.

But like I said, it was a good workout because these instances help keep my comedic timing in check.

And did I mention I did this open mic in drag?? And do you knows what's crazy, there's was this straight white comic who went on before me and nobody heckled him. Regardless of why people feel invigorated to heckle me, bring it because this bitch is ready. 

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment