Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Boba & Life

As I sit here and try to fish out the last of my rainbow lychee jelly from my boba tea, I think about those areas in my life that make me who I am:

Family - My mom has truly been my ride & die buddy to the end, she kept me in the game a few months ago when literally I checked out.  It was her idea to go down to DragCon and thank god we did go because that whole experience burned a new fire in my belly! I got to meet Rupaul personally, through weird circumstances of course and pitch myself to her for next seasons drag race! If I get it, great, but if not, no worries because my passion for entertaining is lit again. Thanks mom for helping re-ignite it! Also, I never blog about my brother because he deserves his privacy but lately we're becoming a lot closer, something I've never had with him, feels good.

Health - my health has finally stabilized, over the past couple of years I got hit with the swine flu, a respiratory illness which basically fucked with my breathing, jacked up my blood pressure, messed with my mental health and some other bullshit. I really can't thank all the ER doctors who helped me get better, as for all the Nurse Practitioners out there who kept misdiagnosising me, go back to school and get a real medical license.

Comedy - to be honest, I've always kept all of my comedian friends at a distance and for good reasons, I don't trust any of them, never have, mostly because they're not Native American.  I could meet a Native off the street and bond with them more in 5 seconds than I could ever with somebody from the comedy world.  Last week I let go of producing #HellaGayComedy which I ran for 5 years because enough was enough. 

Friends - This past year there has been a definite change with who I've been hanging out with.  If things go as planned later this year there will be more new people coming into my life. We'll just have wait and see how everything pans out.

Money - one day when I strike it rich, I will look back at all of these broke days & wonder how I was able to accumulate any kind of wealth with all my expensive snacking habits.

Future??  I really don't know what the future holds for me! I just hope to be healthy, happy, coupled up, and living under a roof that I paid for!

With those closing words, here's my current photo I'm using on Grindr. 

Who could pass up on this, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment