Thursday, October 1, 2015

Highs & Lows

I usually save this blog for the end of the year but it feels like it wants to come out now.

Earlier this year, I started off with some incredible highs and in the Summer thats when everything began to turn to shit.

These were the highs:

* In March I traveled to NYC for one of Margaret Cho's tapings.  It was pretty exciting, NYC has always been a great place to visit.  I also met up with a old comedy friend - Edison Apple.  After the 1st show we hung out with Margaret back stage and somehow she talked me into dancing for her 2nd show.  Honestly, I wasn't there to perform, I was there to hang out as a fan but sure, okay whatever. I went for it.

* While visiting NYC, I got to run around at night with Edison in drag, he took me to all the clubs in the area, some fun, some just okay.  While walking around in the neighborhood, random people kept asking me to stop for a photo! I really do love drag admirers, they know how to make a girl feel special, I love doing drag even more, it brings so much happiness to people.

* In April it was time to get ready for the Gathering of Nations Powwow in Albuquerque, New Mexico.  I was such a hit last year in drag that I had to do it again.

* In May, I was burnt out and wasn't in the mood to do anything but my mom convinced to me to attend Rupaul's DragCon at the L.A. Convention Center.  I hate to sound cliche but sometimes mothers do know whats best.  Heres the kicker, I was involved in a little controversy and was asked to leave, somehow I turned it around and got a personal audience with Rupaul herself, and you guys can believe I pitched myself to be on next seasons show.

* My respiratory issues became manageable.

* The movie I filmed a couple years ago, "All The Others Were Practice" , is finally going to be seen on the big screen and then it goes straight to video.

And thats when the lows began:

* somehow I convinced myself to do a 90 Day Diet and didn't lose shit.

* I emailed Margaret to see if she left my dancing part in her special and she said no.

* I finally got fucked but I let that asshole spit on his condom for lube. (I gotta stop doing that)


I really wish this year comes and goes fast, I'm so over it.

What would make this year spectacular is if I got the call Rupaul's casting to be on her show.

I need a break baby and I think that would do it.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment