Saturday, October 19, 2013

Peace & Quiet

Do you guys know what I just realized, I haven't had any comedy drama lately.  I mean, its not like I've been looking for it.

I'm guessing its been quiet lately because I haven't been producing shows or performing at the open mics.  For the past 3 months I've been immersed as a Tour Guide and now that I'm switching jobs, I have time again..

A while back, I had a chit chat with Drag Queen Comedian - Cassandra Gorgeous at a gay bar in SF and she was like, "I heard you're a bitch" .

OMG, that put such a huge smile on my face because I was like, "and ..." ?  I don't mind having a bitch reputation because I worked very hard to attain that status.

Early in the comedy game I realized if I didn't put my foot down and let these muthaf*ckers know I wasn't playing than none of these fuckers would ever take me seriously.

A long time ago, I was telling one of my oldest and closest friends, Jaya, about my comedy experiences and having to work with these scrupulous characters and she said, "well, you didn't put up with it at Haskell" .

That was exactly what I needed to hear so thats how I knew I was on the right path.

So it doesn't bother me if anyones tries to smear my name because my track record speaks for itself.  I'm just glad I was able to sniff out whose been on the up & up with me and who hasn't.

So to any of my naysayers, if you can think you do better, then go prove it, I know I did.

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment