Friday, March 26, 2010

And the winner is...

Unfortunately, not me. I got bounced out of the Toronto comedy competition tonight. No sweat, I had a great time and got to meet some cool people. On the brighter side, I'm almost sure 99% that I had the strongest set of the night. I literally had the crowd rolling with my Heimlich bit. When and if I get the footage from tonight, I'll post it for you guys. I had a bunch of people come up to me afterwards and tell me that I should've advanced, so I thought that was really nice. Officially, I came in 4th. So no worries and congrats to the winners who moved on, there were pretty good!
Here's some press from their website:
==============================
Hump Day Bump
March 24th, 2010
The evening started in the sweltering heat of Atlanta and finished in the hilly breezes of San Francisco. It was hump day, but the crowd felt more like that of a rowdy Saturday night. (That’s the way we like it!)
We had some stellar performances, but in the end it was the dry wit of Andrea Henry (Norton) and screaming antics of Bobby Mair (LLO Winner, Vaughn) that won our esteeemed judges over.
==============================
See, look at that, I did get some props afterall!

From my end, I stayed true to form. I went all all out and gave them everything I had. I don't care what the judges and audiences said from the America's Got Talent audition or any of the other hater bullshit I get from industry insiders. They can all kiss my ass. I know I'm on to something good and I know it's just going to be a matter of time before I hit!

On a side note, I gotta another nice compliment on facebook, my new friend Lisa called me a trailblazer because I told her for now, I'm the only Gay American Indian stand up comedian on the scene. Thanks lady! Hey, who remembers when Monique accepted her Best Supporting Actress award this year at the Oscars, one of the first people she thanked was Hattie Mcdaniel. Hattie Mcdaniel was one of the first black actress's to make it big in Hollywood back in the 1930's. So I guess in a way I'm a Hattie Mcdaniel too. I gotta break down shit to make it cool for the future generations, that's cool, I'm down with that!

Alright guys! Stay well and be happy, I am!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment