Sunday, December 25, 2011

2011 in Review

I was going to post this blog later but I guess now is as good as time as any to write about how this past year went for me.

This is has been a crazy year, lets see if I can remember back from January.

It seems fitting I should have ended this year with doing a comedy show at the Comedy Store in West Hollywood, CA., because thats where I started the year with doing 2 shows in L.A., with NonStop Comedy, a LGBT show produced by Andrea Meyerson in Santa Monica, California and then another with Native Comedian Jim Ruel called, "All Mixed Up" , which I got to close out at Flappers Comedy Club in Burbank. Jim's show was amazing, there were plenty of Natives on hand that night so I got to break in a lot new Native material, which is not easy because those shows are few, far, and in between.

The beginning of the year was pretty tough for me personally, I really dug myself hole and now I can honestly say that I'm doing a lot better then I was earlier in the year. I know thats not really saying anything but again, I was going through something personal, so forgive me if I don't want to share that with you guys at this time, after all, I have to leave myself some kind of privacy right?

Things definitely picked up as the Spring rolled around. I got asked to perform in the Outlaugh Comedy Festival again at the Comedy Store and had a great time. Before that show, I got to warm with a college show for Native students at Stanford University with Jim Ruel.

This was also about the time the Revolutions began to happen in the Egypt, which quickly spread through out the Middle East.

And before you know it, a brave group of American activist called the Occupy Wall Street in NYC started a worldwide phenomenon that protested corporate and government greed, positive social change, and equal rights for the disenfranchised.

Somewhere along the way I feel in love Adele and who I can't stop listening to her songs on my youtube playlist. She had throat surgery and is doing well. I'm so glad because I can't to see her in concert. I only pay top dollar to see the best and I'm not afraid to spend a pretty penny to watch Adele sing.

The summer was nice, my mom wanted to visit the NMAI *National Musuem of the American Indian* in Washington D.C. and wanted to double the trip as a family reunion with a trip to Virginia Beach, Virginia., to visit my Aunt Beverly. For the longest, I have been wanting to visit the East Coast again and our time was great! Some of my highlights from that trip were visiting Mt. Trashmore and getting to do some comedy open mics in the D.C area.

Coming into the Fall while were still on the East Coast, I decided that when we came home I was going to produce a comedy show series. I didn't know where, I didn't when, and I certainly didn't know how it was going to turn out, okay, thats not true, when I came up with the, "Hella Gay Comedy Show" , theme which showcased a variety of talent, I did kind of knew I was onto something special. We did 5 shows in Oakland and all the hardwork I put into producing & promoting the shows paid off when we got a nice write up in the East Bay Express called, "Hella Gay Hotbed" , compliments of their music writer Rachel Swan. Thanks again Rachel!

This year was actually ending pretty good until I started getting nasty comments on my blog from some crazed stalker fan, now I know how Margaret Cho feels because thats the shit I've been doing to her all these years.

Anyhoo, lesson learned.

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment